Vacant Position: Run Technician
We are looking for Run Technician to work in our Sports and Footwear Lab in Fulham.
The Profeet Sports Lab helps individuals improve performance, increase comfort, and prevent injury when running, walking, playing sports or just being on their feet.
We do this by providing our clients with an in-depth biomechanical assessment which we then use to fit them in the best footwear for their foot shape and function and which we then customise and improve further with full custom insoles.
The Run Technician position involves the following duties and responsibilities:
- Able to carry out a professional biomechanical assessment which includes hands-on and functional assessment as well as using 2D and 3D video gait analysis and static and dynamic foot pressure scans.
- Clearly communicating/explaining the results of the assessments to the clients and able to offer advice.
- Interpreting the results in order to provide key the information necessary to both, create a custom insole and fit the most appropriate footwear.
- Recommend and additional exercise and strengthening to help the client and any additional advice or partner referrals.
- Helping with the everyday running of the Sports Lab including, answering phones, emails, cleaning, helping with deliveries, etc. when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or sport related field – sports rehab, sports therapy, etc.
- Strong interest and/or previous participation in sports – ideally running.
- Good with hands and able to learn to make a custom insole.
- Experience of working in sales or retail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to deliver outstanding customer service.
Although some prior experience is helpful, training will be provided on our analysis software/hardware, custom insole moulding and fabrication as well as footwear fit and function. In addition, we provide regular training on biomechanics, custom insoles, physiology of running and the science behind footwear design.
We offer a competitive package that includes holiday pay, sales commission, and an additional target bonus. Other benefits include staff discounts, testing new products, subsidised trips for marathons and ultra-events through our partners.
The position is full-time Tuesday to Saturday and with late closing on Thursday.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com stating that you are interested in the above position.