Who are we?
Profeet Limited, 867-869 Fulham Road, London SW6 5HP. We offer an appointment based service during which we may perform visual and functional analysis of your feet, ankle lower limbs and biomechanics in-order to create custom insoles, make footwear/ski boot recommendations, customise footwear/ski boots and suggest ways in which you can improve your movement and or sports. We sell our analysis services, insoles, footwear/ski boots and accessories instore and sometimes by mail order.
What does this Policy cover?
We at Profeet Limited take your personal data seriously. This policy:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains how long we keep your personal data for
- explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data
- sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
- explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested
- explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
- explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the information necessary to be able to book and carry out your appointment and to be able to make custom insoles, advise and fit footwear/ski boots and advise on movement.
This includes name and contact details and may include information on; your sports, your activities, your movement patterns, your physiology, your injuries and other issues that may affect your analysis, insoles, footwear and movement and our recommendations. We may collect this information either on paper or electronically.
We use special analysis software and hardware which may record; video, 3D images, pressure and or force measurements of how you stand or move. We use this to further assess your physiology and movement in order that we may advise and fit footwear.
We keep a record of correspondence, appointments and of goods you have purchased from us.
We use CCTV on our premises, so may collect CCTV footage of you in our store.
If you chose to order goods by mail order we may also collect information relevant to the posting and delivery of goods that you purchase.
We may collect the following information about you through your use of our website:
- name, address, email address and other contact information;
- records of your correspondence with us;
- details of your visit to the Website.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
The following are the different sources we may collect personal data about you from:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide when you make an enquiry, book an appointment, register for an appointment, during an appointment, or when you order goods.
- By our specialist analysis software and hardware during your appointment.
- Through your use of our website (through Google Analytics)
How and why we use your personal data?
We use your personal data:
- In order to book and contact you about your appointment;
- To assess your footwear, insoles and movement needs in order to make suitable recommendations of footwear and to make custom insoles for you;
- To send you purchased goods (mail order purchases only)
- From time to time to send you our newsletter;
- To deal with any issues arising with the goods sold to you and for the purposes of any refitting required;
- In order to review your analysis and purchase history and identify any changes over time if you attend further fitting appointments in the future;
- For the purposes of staff training and customer service, including dealing with complaints;
- To ensure the content in our Website is presented in the most effective manner;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
- To provide you with any information you have requested;
- For administrative purposes.
- To maintain a safe and secure environment for staff and customers, and for the prevention of and prosecution of crime (CCTV footage)
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your information in accordance as follows:
- Analysis data 10 years from the date of your last purchase from us;
- Product and service purchase details 10 years from the date of your last purchase from us
Who do we share your personal data with?
Save as outlined below, we do not share your personal data with anyone.
In relation to personal data obtained through our website, we may use selected agents to process data on our behalf, such as software providers to host the website or analytics and search engine providers to improve the site. Such third parties will be authorised to see and use your information but only to fulfil their contractual obligations to us and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose. We retain full responsibility for how your personal information may be used by such agents.
In exceptional circumstances we may share your information when we are legally required to do so.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to you.
We only collect and process special categories of sensitive personal data from you (for example data relating to your health) where you have given your explicit consent.
Some of our processing of your personal data (sending of newsletters, staff training, customer services, recording CCTV footage) is reasonably necessary for the legitimate interests of Profeet, namely and in order to keep in touch with customers to inform them of news, new products/services, the training of staff and monitoring customer service to ensure that we continue to provide the highest levels of service, and to maintain a safe and secure environment for our staff and customers and for the prevention and prosecution of crime (CCTV footage)
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you do not provide the personal data necessary, or withdraw your consent for the processing of your special category data, we will not be able to perform an analysis or to assist with insoles, footwear/ski boots or movement advice. We would also not be able to send you any purchases.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, we do not carry out automated decision making.
How do we protect personal information
We place great importance on the security of your personal information and we always try to take appropriate precautions to protect it.
Despite all of our precautions, however, no data transmission over the internet or by email can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and you must understand that you do so at your own risk.
Do we transfer your data outside the EEA?
No. If in future we transfer data to a country which has not been deemed to provide adequate data protection standards we will ensure that appropriate security measures and approved clauses are in place to protect your personal data.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
What does this mean?
- The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your
information and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (like that
- The right to rectification
You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data
- The right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at
any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
How will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another please just let us know.
How can you contact us?
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Management, Profeet Limited, 867-869 Fulham Road, London, SW6 5HP